Saturday, April 12, 2008

While Daddy's Away...

...Mommy and Landon will play!
Andrew is out of town this weekend for a bachelor party, so Landon and I decided to have some fun of our own. We went to visit my friend Kim and her boyfriend Ben in Baltimore today. I taught with Kim last year, then she decided to leave teaching to pursue a law degree. Luckily she didn't go too far away! Kim owns two cats, Val and Charlie, and Landon has seen them before but this time he was more aware of them. When we got to the apartment Landon found one of their toys and started swinging it around, which they loved, though they weren't quite sure what to make of Landon.
{Charlie getting ready to pounce on the toy}
After we played for a while and Landon had some lunch, Kim took us on a tour of the Law School. It is about a block away from Kim's apartment, which is great for her...so convenient. It was pretty cool to see where she spends many hours of her days. It was pretty intimidating seeing everything and hearing what she has to do. I don't know if I would be able to handle the switch but she seems to be enjoying it. We wish her all the best in the next few years!
{University of Maryland Law School}

After we toured the school, we headed to Fells Point for some food and shopping. It was a great area to walk around and shop. I'm definitely going to have to go back. There were a few more shops that I would have liked to go in, but having a stroller makes it a little harder to maneuver in little shops. Then we went to the part of Baltimore known as "Little Italy" for some dessert. It was very yummy! Finally Landon and I had to head home. Thanks, Kim and Ben, for a great day! We had alot of fun! Good luck with finals!

{Landon with Kim and Ben}

Kim gave Landon the onesie he is wearing at my baby shower. I have been waiting for him to wear it, since I opened it. It is so cute...it's an organic cotton onesie that says "Welcome to Earth." I absolutely love it and was so glad he was able to wear it for her!

No comments: