Monday, April 28, 2008

Bird Nest

Today it was raining, so when I got home today I decided to put out our two potted plants to get some water. We have one on a stand and one hanging. As I was taking the hanging one down, I felt and heard something fly past my face...it was a bird. I never looked into the hanging pot as I was taking it down but once I felt my face get brushed, I looked in. Sure enough there was a nest! I was afraid to look further so I left it alone until Andrew came home and he saw that there were eggs in the nest. I couldn't believe it! There are 4 eggs with red speckles...I pray that the mother comes back to her eggs.

The nest

Sorry this is blurry, but you can kind of make out the eggs

Does anyone have any idea of what kind of birds they may be?


post signature

No comments: