Sunday, April 5, 2009

The week begins....

On Friday, we headed to the grandparents house to visit with family. Uncle Tom, Aunt Karla, Josh, Alex, Uncle Larry, and Uncle Tom, all headed north from the VA Beach and surrounding areas. They came up this way for a hockey game, Buffalo Sabres vs. Washington Capitals. They all are Buffalo fans, since that is where the Pecks grew up. Landon and I opted to sit this game out. A night of hockey fun, just wasn't on the menu for us. Instead, we headed to the mall for some shopping. Saturday was a slow start. We had no definite times in which we wanted to leave, which is never a good thing. Andrew broke his phone at the game, so that had to be replaced before we left. Andrew would be lost without his phone. This didn't bother me so much since I spent the morning getting my hair done. I was in much need of a trim and color!

Once those two tasks were taken care of, we still had the task of packing the truck and making sure we had all that we needed, and more! If you don't know us very well, Andrew and I aren't the lightest of packers! You never know what you are going to need, so we pack it all!

Finally, at 2 p.m., we were all loaded in the truck ready for the drive, except that we needed gas. As we pulled in the station, I realized I left my rings on the bathroom sink. Andrew turned us around, I got my rings and a ball cap, that Andrew forgot. So...we were on our way to get gas. We hadn't reached the gas station when I realized I forgot my phone. I guess I couldn't go without mine either. We turned around, got my phone and thought about anything else that we might have forgotten, nothing came to mind. We were off to get gas...again. We made it and headed to Williamsburg. We didn't get there until 4:45. It really wasn't that bad of a drive. Andrew and I actually had an uninterrupted conversation the entire ride while Landon watched a dvd.

We got settled in the hotel room, then we were off to....EAT!!! Andrew was hungry, so that needed to be taken care of before anything else. We were then headed to the visitor center to get some information and maps. We were leaving, when all of a sudden, we realized we didn't have de-de (Landon's lamb blanket). We headed back to the restaurant, no de-de. Andrew and I were stressing out. We have no problem having Landon giving up de-de, just not while we were on vacation. We headed back to the visitor center (why we didn't double check there first? I'm not sure). I ran to the store, which was where Landon and I had been, while daddy got all our needed info, and the store was CLOSED!!!!!!!!!! I saw the workers counting their registers, avoiding eye contact. I'm sure they thought I was some crazy shopper hoping that they would let me buy one last item! Finally I caught the attention of one of them, luckily she saw that I was in distress over something bigger than not getting a souvenir. I told her what I was missing and they had de-de, sitting behind the counter!!!! Crisis diverted!

Now we could head to Williamsburg for a night stroll. Here are a few things we did....

Landon could have stayed at the sheep all evening. We put him on the fence and he was ready to jump to the other side. Instead we let him loose, and he decided to climb the fence to get a better view of the sheep.


We walked along the main street and were greeted by a horse and carriage. Landon loved the horse.


Then daddy and Landon suffered time in the pillory. This is were criminals were placed for humiliation and punishment in front of the public.

We tried Landon first, but he wasn't cooperating. Daddy showed him what to do, and then he was a little more cooperative.

The night ended with the chocolates from the candy store, and we headed back to the hotel. Everyone got ready for bed, but it wasn't that easy. Our night ended much like the day started. Putting an 18 month old to bed in his pack-n-play, while in the same room as us isn't going to be easy. It was still a little early so we all climbed into the King size bed, turned the lights off and relaxed....for about 5 min and Landon was everywhere. Andrew had had enough, placed Landon in the pack-n-play, where he screamed and screamed. We were doing well ignoring it until all the crying made him throw up!!! Lights were back on, and we were cleaning clothes and Landon. Landon won the battle last night, he was in bed with us. Hopefully today, we can wear him out, so he goes down easy.

More adventures today! Pray that today goes much smoother than yesterday!

2 comments:

KTalbert said...

Oh my!! That is really funny! Does your hotel room have a balcony or something? Maybe once you put Landon down the two of you could go out on that for a while?

J & M Nelson said...

Fun so far i am sure the rest of your trip will be wonderful!