Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Visitors

We have been so blessed with visitors these past few months.  It has been great to see familiar faces around here.  The move here wasn't the easiest, and continues to be a bit of struggle for me, especially in the winter.  I know we don't have as bad of winters as some of you reading, but I am so used to the "normal" spring months of March and April in Florida.  Once those months arrive,  there should be sun shining and cool weather, with the hopes of warmth ahead.  These past few months have been dreary and cold...depressing.  So, having friendly and familiar faces visiting has been great and uplifting.

This weekend my friend Patricia was close to Va, so she gave us a call to check and see if we would be around.  With a forecast of warm and sunny weather, there was no where else we would be.  I have been waiting for the weekend where the three of us could enjoy the outside.  Having 2 more to share it with is all the better.

Patricia is up in the Northeast spending time with her husband, who is an athletic trainer for the Phillie's minor league team.  Since the team was playing about an hour away, she decided to come visit with her son, Sebastian.



I know Landon is around babies all the time, but never when we are around.  I was really anxious to see how Landon would interact with a baby. Landon loved Sebastian and at times got a little jealous when I would tickle and play with Sebastian.  Landon even tried to play in his exersaucer that I brought up for Sebastian.  This September might be a bit of an adjustment for him.  
All in all, Landon was great with Sebastian.  He was really interested in Sebastian and loved to peek at him when he was in the carrier.  Landon would point to Sebastian and say "ba-by."  He even gave Sebastian a few kisses.

Even though the visit was short, we had a wonderful time.  We took the two of them to Occoquan which is an historic town close to us, with great shops and restaurants.  Patricia and I were able to catch up and let the boys play with each other!

Our door is always open, if anyone ever wants to come and visit!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh, my... somehow I missed the post with the good news a few weeks back. So when you mentioned Landon having to get used to playing with babies I was like - "WHAT?!?!?" So I went back and found the post with the good news.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you and excited to hear about all your preparations for baby!

P.S. What a fun visit!