Friday, April 17, 2009

New Toys...

for Andrew and I!

Andrew and I have been without a home computer for quite sometime now (at least a year). Luckily I have been issued a computer from work that enable us to stay in tune with all of you and the world via the internet. We have been going back and forth, debating about when to get a new one, because we truly need one at the house, so my work one can go back to just that, and we've been debating between a PC and a mac.

Andrew really didn't care either way, but I have been looking around at all of the features in a mac. I was really into the editing features (photo & video) that the mac has, so we went with the mac! We purchased the new 13 in mac book and with it we got a $100 towards a new printer (with rebate). Not only that, because I'm a teacher, the purchase was also at a discount! Not much, but I'll take a discount any day to save some money, especially now.
We were super excited to finally have a computer that we could use totally as our own, but soon realized that we have alot to learn. We have become so accustomed to our PC, that our normal strokes, movements, file locations don't necessarily coincide with the mac. Believe me, we knew this going in, but old habits die hard. Luckily we purchased the mac one-to-one sessions. With this you get an hour session with a mac expert for 52 weeks. Bonus...I got a discount on these too! I need to make my first session for tomorrow. I think I stick with an intro session, but I think most of the sessions will be spent in the photo and video editing (mostly photo, though).

I'm hoping that once I get really acquainted with the editing I can purchase some more editing tools. I already have this, which is fine for now (I mostly use it for blog designs) but I would like to buy one of these...
With the camera, and the editing tools, and some photography classes, I might be able to be like him...


I don't really have a desire to become a photographer, but I would like to be better able to photograph not only Landon and baby Peck, but scenery and sights when we are traveling. I have been reading some other blogs like this one and this one and have become really interested in the way the pictures are taken and how they look. There is even advice on the cameras to purchase. I plan on doing some more research before actually buying, plus I need to save quite a bit more money before I make this purchase. Anyone want to donate?

2 comments:

J & M Nelson said...

HOW fun we need a lap top and we just got a new camera yesterday YEAH!! we were in desperate need of one ours was 5 year old I got it when Emmalyn was born!!

Anonymous said...

deb and i have the nikon d40. i did a months worth of research. good entry level digital.