Sunday, August 16, 2009

A little more...

We have been working hard one the nursery this weekend. Well, mostly me, but Andrew has helped by keeping Landon occupied. I have a bit more to show you all. This post has mostly to do with bedding.

The bedding I really want, I did not purchase. It's from Pottery Barn Kids, & I didn't feel as though I should spend the money on it just yet. We have financed the entire redo from selling items no longer needed in the house & a yard sale (nothing out of our own pocket) and I thought the money could have been spent in better ways for the room. So here is what, what I want, looks like...
The blue is perfect because it can grow with Landon & the gingham sheets match the gingham on the crib bumper.

I did buy Landon's bed skirt from Pottery Barn Kids. It was on super sale, 9.97, so I thought I should go ahead and buy, even though it was a final sale. The problem with the bed skirt is that there is no good way to put it on. I couldn't leave under the bed open because we will use this for added storage & I don't want it to be seen, so I had to get a little creative.

All I needed was the bed skirt...

A pair of scissors & sticky velcro.
I only needed one long side of the skirt (I saved the other just in case) & 1 short side (it only comes with 1 short side). I cut the side I need from white fabric that would normally lie on top of the box spring. I then attached a small piece of sticky velcro to the skirt & then to the inside of the bed. The end result....
The comforter that is on the bed is from good ole, Walmart, for $14.50, along with the sheets, for $13.99.

Now on to the baby's bedding.

Most all the bedding is being reused from Landon's. the only new piece is the bumper ($14.99 from Ikea) & pink sheets (not pictured below). I do want to get a different crib skirt. The skirt I have matches the rest of the bedding, but it doesn't hit the floor. Again, this is to hide under crib storage, that I'm sure we will need in the future. I found a tutorial on how to make my own, and it involves no sewing!!! All I need is fabric & sticky velcro. It's actually how I got the idea on attaching Landon's skirt to his bed.

Here's a glimpse of the bedding...

If you recall, this crib is different from the crib in the last post. There are a few reasons for this.

1: Landon's crib was much more bulky than this classic Jenny Lind crib & the dresser had no home except for in the closet where is took up some needed space due to it's shape.
2: Landon's crib was a natural finish & I could not find a bed that I like in a price that I like that matched. I bought the white bed with the intention of painting the other crib, but decided that was another task that I just didn't have time for.

So, Andrew & I decided to sell the furniture (for a good price) & buy this crib & some much needed closet storage to fit our needs. It was sad to see it go, but I am happy with the outcome.

Still more to come...

No comments: