Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Finally Done!

We have finally completed two needed tasks before our little girl arrives. We have decided on a name & have completed the nursery. Both were pretty difficult to complete, just one was more laborious than the other.

We are unanimous on the first name, but the middle is still up for discussion. We have decided that her name will be:

LIBBIE ______ PECK

I can't tell you what a relief that is for me to have at least that much decided. Andrew & I had ruled out Mackenzie earlier, so our only discussion was whether to name her Elizabeth (with the nickname of Libbie) or just name her Libbie. I have nothing against the name Elizabeth, but I thought that if I'm going to call her Libbie, why not just name her that. The only thing holding me to Elizabeth is that I could give her my name (my mom's maiden name), Kelley, as her middle name. They flow nicely together. As for Kelley paired with Libbie, it sounds a bit choppy, but I'm not totally opposed to it. The other option is Libbie Anne (my middle name) which sounds really nice together.

So now...Libbie Anne, Libbie Kelley, or Elizabeth Kelley!

Now on to the nursery. I have her name up under her shelf. It's not perfect, but for letters that were $1.99 each, it works. All I had to do was paint them. Her shelf is a bit bare, but I know it will fill up once she arrives.
To the right of the crib are the painted chairs & book shelf. In between the chairs are these suitcases (you can't see them very well) my mom brought up when Landon was born. I had every intention of using them as decoration on the walls, but I just couldn't work it out.
Directly across from the chairs is Landon's bed. I originally had the DC picture above his bed, but decided his name would look best above it.
On the long wall is were the picture now sits with a shelf housing his signed Darren O'Day (Sean's good friend from HS & college) baseball & baseball card. They are from when he was with the Angels, so we need an updated set now that Darren is with the Rangers (can you get on that Uncle Sean?). It also holds his rosary & christening cup & a few other knick knacks.
The last task on my to-do list was to paint the closet doors. They are metal doors that were very dingy in color. I hated the way they looked in the room. I decided to tackle the project of painting them. It took four coats, yes four coats, for each panel. I think they turned out great!
On one of my many trips to Michael's, I found these magnetic letters on sale. I bought a pack with every intention of placing them on the fridge. When we walked into Landon's room, I realized that I could keep them out of the kitchen & in his room by placing them on the closet doors. I was so happy with this that I went out & bought 4 for sets of the alphabet & 2 sets of numbers. At $.70 each, it was a bargain I couldn't pass up!

I'm pretty happy with the end result. What do you think?

1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

Oh my goodness it looks great!!! Now please bring you eye to my house and help me with my kids room!!! I have been for Libbie Anne from the start and I am going to stick with it!!! Love ya'll