Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A few details

All the major projects are done, now it's time to work on the details of the room. Here's what I got done yesterday.

I bought this wood shelf from Michaels for about$7.oo (had a %40 off coupon). The only other thing I needed was some white primer & paint.
And the finished product! The Precious Moments dolls say a goodnight prayer. They are super cute. Landon received one as a hand-me-down from a HS friend of mine & the baby received one as a gift from one of Andrew's co-workers.

This was an amazing gift from my sister-in-law (then soon to be SIL) & brother. It's a picture of the night sky in Washington D.C. the exact minute Landon was born. I might have to take back that Landon's letters are my favorite part of the room, because this is right up there.

I had it in Landon's room with the black frame, but the black would have stood out in the new room, so...

I covered the glass & spray painted the frame white.
Now it's hanging in the room, once again!

The last thing I worked on yesterday were two wooden chairs I received from a co-worker. They're nothing special, but full of potential. I've been wanting to use them, but they have been hanging in the storage area. I decided to pull them out & give them a fresh coat of paint (same colors as the room), for a no-cost project!

I started by painting the base & two back slats the yellow from the room while the rest of the chair would be the cream. Once that was finished I didn't like the outcome, so I decided to try play around with the colors....
and here they are! All I need to do is put their names on the top back slat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Room looks great. Did Andrew help you get all the heavy stuff in?:)

-Seth

Ashley said...

Looking so good! Almost time!

kapeck said...

He helped bring it in & helped put some of it together!

J & M Nelson said...

Oh it looks so cute mrs crafty!!!