Sunday, November 16, 2008

Work and Play

Today, we went to Lowes and Home Depot for a little bathroom renovation shopping. We are in the process of remodeling our 1/2 bath down in the basement and our only full bath upstairs (partially remodeling). We have been slowly collecting pieces for the downstairs for awhile and the upstairs is a Christmas gift, so we went shopping today!! Right now I am in the process of deciding which counter top to go with for the vanity that we bought (on sale!). Here are the two:

1. Desert Gold Granite (Andrew's pick)

2. Sienna marble (my pick)
Since we couldn't decide at the store, we bought both, plus faucets for each and tried them out at home. Here is the granite (#1) with a beautiful brushed nickel faucet. I love the faucet.


Here is the marble (#2) with a different brushed nickel faucet. I like the other faucet much more but it doesn't fit the counter top. Decisions...decisions!


A was lamenting over this and I decided to send an email to a friend of ours who is an interior designer! I figured she could give us an expert opinion, even though all she had to work with were pictures. She too likes the marble top (#2) and the separate faucet! But unfortunately the two do not work together. She advised me to go with the counter top that makes more of a statement (#2) and the centerset faucet. So pretty much, I'm going with the picture above!
As I was emailing Anna (interior designer). I happened to look up and find this...




What child couldn't resist! He had a great time sitting in the sink! (Oh, and you can see the hardware I picked out for the vanity. The hardware that came with the vanity was much darker.)
Thanks for your help, Anna!

2 comments:

anna and geoffrey said...

Super cute! Love the pic with Landon in the cabinet :)

J & M Nelson said...

Looks great hopefully it will be done by the time we come to visit in March!! BUt if not I would love to help any way even if it is just keeping Landon out of the way!! We love and miss you guys!! Martina