Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Great to be a FLORIDA GATOR!

I wouldn't actually know, since I'm not a "real" Gator! But, since two of my brothers are graduates and one is a current student, and my parents are much more of UF supporters than UNF, I pretty much have become a Gator Fan. Having a team to support is one thing Andrew and I wish we had from our college. Also, I have a few ties to the football team(a few of the players attended the HS I taught at in St. Augustine). I sometimes think I should get my masters from UF only to really claim to be a Florida Gator!

Anyways, my parents (probably my mom more than my dad) have wanted to go to gator game for the longest time. This past weekend they were given tickets to the UF-USC game. My mom was super excited to go! They were able to go with some friends whose son is Danny's roommate. Here is her email about her first Gator game:

We went with the Ornella's (Danny's roommate's parents). The four of us were given tickets by a friend and they were awesome seats ---plus they were in Touchdown Terrace in the North End Zone so our seats had chairbacks, we didn't get wet because we sat under a overhang and there was free food inside for all to eat!!!! The best part was watching the Gators play great football! Even one of our Bishop Snyder grads that is a sophomore who walked on freshman year got in the game for the last two offensive series and made some good tackles!!!





I am so glad they were able to go. Andrew and I would love to make it to a game. We hear the games are quite an experience! GO GATORS!
Oh, by the way, Mom and Dad, do you know you both gave Danny $20??!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kell; squeal on your baby brother

J & M Nelson said...

Looks like they had a wonderful time!

KTalbert said...

Games in the Swamp are amazing! Did your parent's know that Jimmy Buffet was there??!! I feel you on the "School Pride" thing. I loved UNF but definitely not one of the strong suits.