Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bathrooms

Well...the bathrooms are finally finished! It is so nice to have the bathrooms updated and looking the way we want them. I forgot to take before pictures...sorry. The few of you who have seen the bathrooms before will really appreciate the new look. So here are the bathrooms...

This is the one full bath, upstairs. The new look has caused me to redo our bedroom now. Everything in here is new. Originally there was a rectangular mirror/medicine cabinet. The vanity was oak with a white counter top (a little smaller). The toilet is new. The tile is also new, we had grey/blue faux stone linoleum. The light fixture was basic with 5 large round light bulbs. The paint was a neutral (creamy yellow), now it is Brown Suede. The shower curtain is from good ole Target. Behind the shower curtain is another story.


The pictures on the wall are from paper(pictured below) that I found last spring in Baltimore. I loved the shells and coral, so I bought 2 sheets knowing they would come in handy sooner or later. I bought 2 frames ($14.99 ea.) from Target and picked two of the squares to frame. I thought they turned out great!





Here is the downstairs bathroom...

Again, everything is new but the toilet. It is the one from upstairs. As the bathroom was being remodeled, we found out that the original had a crack running up the entire back of the toilet. We were so lucky we found that before anything bad happened. This bathroom had what I call a jail cell sink. It was stuck to the wall and you could see the pipes underneath. Absolutely ugly!!!!! It was probably the one thing I hated most in the house. Now we have a pedestal sink.

The room was painted blue before, but I went for a more subtle blue (new rain from Valspar).



I am so glad the bathrooms are finally finished! Especially since we have visitors coming Friday night. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bathrooms look professionally done! Great Job! Roll Tide! -- Lisa

J & M Nelson said...

That looks so great Jonathan and i almost did not recognize them! I am sure all your neighbors are jealous!! If I were your neighbor I would be! Martina