Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Festival of Lights

We've been getting into the Christmas spirit around here, which has preoccupied me from posting about my weight loss. I may be slow in posting but I do not forget to weigh in and reflect on what I did well and what I did poorly. There has been no weight loss this past week. Again, I'm not surprised since I have not been working out. I have been busy with running errands, wrapping presents, and being snowed in. All excuses, but right now, the weight loss is taking a back seat. As long as I can maintain the measly 2 pounds lost until the New Year, then I'll be happy.

To help with getting ready for Christmas, we headed to Bull Run Park for the Festival of Lights. It's a 2 1/2 mi drive with lighted decorations. I had wanted to see it last year, but we never made it. This year we made sure to go since Landon would be able to enjoy it. There is a snow village at the end of the trail with rides, food and, of course, Santa. When Andrew came home today, we got the kids dressed in their new Christmas pajamas and headed out!




Landon loved looking at the decorations. I tried to enjoy them but I was busy trying to get pictures of the decorations. Unfortunately, the snow village was closed at the end, so we headed to Ruby Tuesday for a family dinner.

We're going to be pretty busy on Christmas Eve (away from the house) and I wanted to make sure to get pictures of the kids in their jammies in front of the tree. Libbie is doing so well in her bumbo seat and she loves to look around.
I thought maybe she would be the only one in the picture, but I was able to bribe Landon with some chocolate (so much like his mommy). I took a few good ones, but this one was too sweet not to post.

1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

how cute~ We went to that 2 years ago and EJN loved it!!! be glad the village was closed we spent a small fortune on it!!! HAHA!!!