Monday, November 23, 2009

So far, in Jax

So far we've been catching up with family & friends, but also laying low. Everytime we come to Jax we think we can visit with everyone, but there is never enough time, but we try.

Thursday through Saturday were days of laying low. We really didn't do much of anything, Sunday was our first day of scheduled plans. Andrew was excited to come the Jax the weekend before Thanksgiving because he would be here for the Jags vs. Bills game. We have a few friends, that are also Bills fans who also get excited for this game. Me, on the other hand, was excited, but not for that reason. I was excited to spend more time with my family. Andrew had bought two tickets so I had every intention of going to the game, but with tailgating and the game, that would have been too long to be away from Libbie, since she is only breastfeeding. Also, I'm not really a Bills fan and more over a football fan (except when it comes to the Gators!). Andrew searched for someone to go with and was able to catch up with his friend Brent. I think he had more fun with Brent than we would have had with me.
Monday, we went to the zoo with Sean, KC, Kinley and Chance. It has been years since I had been to the Jacksonville Zoo. I think the last time I was there was in high school. We had a great time.

Landon really enjoyed feeding the giraffe...we had to do it twice!
He posed with the Jaguar. He called it Diego's Jaguar.
We rode the train, which all the kids enjoyed, even Libbie!

Before we left we stopped by to say "hi" to the monkeys. We were there for quite a bit and the three toddlers were having fun watching the monkeys below. We were high above the monkeys and their land enclosure was surrounded by water. Landon was pushing his Percy train along the edge and all I could imagine was it falling over into the enclosure, so I quickly took it away. Well, Kinley came up to check out the monkeys with her, really Chance's, sippy cup. In the midst of all the comotion, the sippy cup went falling over into the enclosure. The monkeys heard the splash and ran right over to the cup. One found it and began drinking the juice and carrying the cup around. He was so proud of the cup and wouldn't share it with the others. Chance, on the other hand, was not so happy about this. He was calling out to the monkey "share with me", "my juice". Poor guy!

1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

looks like ya'll are having a great time!!! Wish we had the warm weather to even be outside!!!