Monday, November 16, 2009

Motivational Monday


I decided to call my journey updates, Motivational Mondays, since I'm making the posts on Mondays and Motivation is the key to completing this journey.

No matter how the week went, motivation is needed to keep going. If the week went well, that would be motivation enough, to keep going. If the week poorly, I need to be motivated to get back on track . If there was no change, then I need to stay motivated to reach my goal!
{my biggest motivations}

So now onto how my week went. Well, there was no weight loss, but I wasn't expecting anything great. I haven't totally jumped on board but I am making strides. I started back at the gym and kept up with my walking in the neighborhood. I only walked/ran 7 mi but did make it three times last week. I went to my first class, body combat on tuesday. Wednesday was a day off, needless to say! I made it back another day to walk/run on the treadmill. Saturday I did two classes, one right after the other, body pump (lifting) and body combat. I'm still paying for that.

As for eating, I'm doing ok but am contemplating starting weight watchers, after the comments on the last post. I have actually considered it in the past, but I think now I need to do something besides trying it by myself. Andrew is also interested in starting but he would like to do the in person sessions. He thinks it would be good to be held accountable but the computer is much more convenient. I think I might get going with that upon our return from Jacksonville.

This brings me to my next challenge. We are heading to Jacksonville this week for Thanksgiving and Libbie's baptism. This will be tough since we are heading back to lots of comfort food. There is always a list of restaurants we like to visit while we there and they aren't known for healthy, nutritious food. I'll really have to be careful not to splurge too much and to keep walking/running.

1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

my mom dad and sister swear by weight watchers!!! I have never done i but I have seen them all loose weight on it many times but I do think that is one of the problems as soon as you quit counting most people I know gone some back!!! And do you really want to count forever??? But no matter what you will do great good luck!!!