Monday, November 23, 2009

Motivational Monday

I'm a little late in posting my update, but better late than never. I've decided to post pics with the updates only because a post with no picture isn't very fun!

When last week started I weighed myself as usual, but I knew when we got to Florida I would have to weigh myself again because not every scale is created equal. The scale here said I weighed 2 pounds more than my scale at home. This didn't bother me much, I was pretty sure I didn't gain 2 pounds in 2 days. I was really just concerned at maintaining the weight & if I lost weight, it would show on the scale.

{at Daddy's work}

This week I received a message from a good friend for which I am so thankful. She reminded me that though I might not lose any weight while away in Florida, I needed to find success in the small things! So that's what I did. Like the last week, I did not lose weight but I did make great strides in my physical activity. The food was going to be tough to control because there are so many places here that we enjoy that we don't get in Virginia.

Throughout the week I ran a total of 10 miles and walked a total of 7. The only day I didn't do some sort of physical activity was Wednesday, which was our travel day! My best workout was on Tuesday. I decided to see what I could actually do on the treadmill. I decided to walk 1/2 mile then run 2 miles. I thought at the end I felt better than expected so I decided to walk another 1/2 and run another 2 miles...I made it ! I was really impressed and it gave me the confidence I needed.

I decided to keep the same goal for this current week: Success in the Small Things!!! I'm going to keep running and I think I might try to throw in some 3 mile runs. As for the food, there are a few more places we would like to go to, but we've covered most of our usual places already. However, there is Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to run that morning for sure!

I am so thankful to have friends and family supporting me on this journey. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week!


No comments: