Saturday, September 20, 2008

Up, and Runnin'

Get ready for some updates! We finally purchased a new camera. We had some errands to run and with Landon's birthday a week away, we figured we should buy one. I am so relieved that I now can update the blog. Landon is getting so big and walking (assisted, that is!). He's waving hi/bye, and patting his mouth, "indian style"! I want to get all this on video to share with everyone and now I can. We decided to go with the camera below from Bestbuy (sorry Kevin...we needed in a rush). It's an Olympus. My brother recommended a Canon and I know the Sony's are well recommended too. The only thing with those, is that they came standard in blue (Canon) and pink(Sony), and I thought we should go for a more gender neutral camera. If had been just me, the blue or the pink would have been fine. Now we just need to get a micro SD card, we only have standard SD cards, and we'll be ready to update the blog! A few weeks ago, Andrew and I bought this bike. Our intention was to purchase a cheap bike, so that Andrew could accompany me on my long runs. For those of you how weren't aware, I'm training for a marathon in December (Jacksonville Marathon). I haven't signed up yet because I wanted to make sure the training goes well. Last time I started training, I got injured, plus I found out I was pregnant. So, if things go well be the end of October, I officially sign up! Keep your fingers crossed. Anyways, since I have no one here to train with, Andrew said that he would bike (since he doesn't run) when I have my long runs. The bike is nothing special but it will do the job! We bought it at good ole Walmart for $89
So, if Andrew is biking and I'm running, where is Landon, you ask? In the bike trailer below! We bought this today at Target for $49. We originally bought another from Walmart for $89 by the same company, and then we found this one...a better deal. Now Landon can come with us! We eventually want to buy a another (nicer) bike and bike rack, so the whole family can ride. I want to start taking a family bike rides along the George Washington Parkway (it runs along the Potomac River, from Alexandria into DC)! But, this all costs money, so one step at a time! We'll try this for awhile (one bike and trailer) and see how it goes!
Happy running and biking to all!
(or whatever activity you participate in)



2 comments:

PablitoRun said...

Oh fun! We have a bike trailer like that and Ben loves it. Glad you got a new camera - we will need to see pictures of Landon turning 1!!

J & M Nelson said...

I am sure you guys are going to have lots of fun running together!! Brody and Emmalyn enjoyed there ride in the trailer yesterday! Hope your run this morning went well. Martina