Saturday, September 27, 2008

Birthday Boy

Today we celebrated Landon's 1st birthday with family and friends. Mom and I started out at a craft fair that I have been trying to go to since we moved to VA. Two years ago we missed the fair and last year Andrew and I were able to get to the fair, but soon had to leave since I started going into labor! Mom and I had a nice time together and managed to find things to spend out money on! While we were shopping, Landon, Daddy, and Papa Frosty hung out at the house straightening up and making sure we had everything we needed for the party.

(The family before the party started)
Not only were my parents at the party, but Grandma and Grandpa Peck, Aunt Mindy, Connie, Garry, and Erin came to celebrate. Our next door neighbors also joined in on the fun!


(Landon, Emmalyn, Brody)

I couldn't decide on the "theme" for Landon's birthday until this week! I was searching for cake ideas on line and came across a monkey cake on Better Homes & Gardens. I loved it and new it would be easy to make. After I decided on the cake I needed to get some decorations. I couldn't find exactly what I had in mind (that's what I get for deciding on a theme the week of) but mom and I came across some Curious George decorations and it worked well! Daddy and Papa Frosty cooked burgers, brats, and hotdogs on the grill. We sang Happy Birthday and ate cake. I made two cakes. One was an "adult" cake that was made from scratch and then the monkey cake for Landon. They were both yummy! After cake, Landon opened his presents. He received many wonderful gifts.

(The monkey cake)

(Singing Happy Birthday)

(More cake, please...) Landon had to try out a few of his toys before the night ended. Grandma & Papa Frosty gave Landon a Little Tikes Car. We looked for the traditional red and yellow car, but couldn't find it. This was the next best one. It's pretty much the same except for the colors and it has a cup holder (holding daddy's beer) and the horn plays songs! Grandma and Grandpa Peck gave Landon the Radio Flyer Inch worm. It's a little big for him now, but he still loved sitting on it and pushing it around!

Needless to say Landon was exhausted at the end of the night. Our guests left and Landon was asleep on the couch!

Happy Birthday Landon!

We love you!







1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

AW!! He is so sweet. thanks so much for having us over we had a wonderful time. Martina