Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Could it be?...

While all of us where down in DC over the weekend, a rare occurrence happened. I guess it isn't too rare since this has happened once more while I was sight seeing in DC. We were walking from the Washington Monument and Sean asked if we should go to the White House. I said it would probably be easier to hit the 4 other Memorials, since they are all very close to each other then make our way to the White House. We were taking pictures at the WWII Memorial, when all of a sudden, we noticed a Presidential helicopter circling. Then another, and another. It was really cool to see them that close. We weren't sure if one of them had President Bush or if it was a training session. Later, while watching the Gator game, we found out that one of those helicopters actually had President Bush. There was a news clip running of President Bush on the White House lawn with the helicopter in the background! How cool is that! I guess we should have walked to the White House first!




2 comments:

KTalbert said...

That happened when I was there with you!! Man I miss you right now!

J & M Nelson said...

Very neat! One time when we were in DC with my mothers group we got to see him getting out of the helicopter and it was so cool. I just miss living there so much! I defiantly do not have cool stuff like that in my village!! Martina