Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aloha, again!

I thought I would post some other pictures we've taken so far...

We have been waking up to this in the morning. He just learned how to pull himself up in the pack-n-play. He hasn't quite got the hang of this on other objects but he sure is trying. While on one of my morning runs, I stumbled upon this area. I was told that there was great shopping in Waikiki but I had no idea where. It's not too far from the hotel! You can't tell from the picture but the street is lined with high-end retail shops (Prada, Dior, Coach, Louis Vuitton, etc.) There are also some good places to eat. Needless to say, we've been back a couple of times!
Though none of us are surfers, Landon and I went to visit the statue of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku. He is considered the father of modern surfing. He was also an Olympic swimmer. His statue is located on Kuhio beach. He actually grew up and surfed the beaches in the area where the Hilton Hawaiian Village is located.
Andrew hasn't been able to get around with us much but when he gets back, we spend time in the pool or the beach.
I should have more to post later. Andrew is able to leave work early today so we can all go sightseeing. We are taking a tour bus to see the rain forests, the blow hole, Hanauma Bay, and much more!


post signature


No comments: