Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Swamp Cake

My sister-in-law, Debbie, brought this swamp cake to Leland. Its a no bake cake for children to make in a bucket. It comes with all the ingredients except the milk, cool whip and cream cheese. She brought it for the kids to make in case it rained, which it did! We just never found the time to make it. As we moved into our second week, we thought that there would be plenty of time to make it, and there was, we just didn't get our act together.

As we packed up for home I thought for sure I could make this with Landon when we got back to Virginia. I was going to have about a week and a half with the kids before our next trip so this would be a perfect activity one afternoon.

One afternoon, while Libbie was napping, Landon and I got everything together to make the swamp cake. Landon was really excited! I think mostly to eat the gummy gators packaged in the bucket.
He helped me mix the pudding and milk.
Then we stirred in the cool whip and cream cheese.
Now we had to layer the cookie crumb and the pudding mixture. The cookie crumb went first and then you alternated until the cookies were on top.
The last thing to do was put the gators on the cake!
It turned out cute and yummy!

Thanks Aunt Debbie!


1 comment:

Cdncarolina said...

Hooray! So glad it was yummy (and cute) - and that you and Landon got to have some quality time making it! :)