Monday, August 8, 2011

The Finished Product

Ok...so this post and last post aren't the most exciting posts but if I've shown you all the mess I made, I might as well show you the end result.

After getting started in the basement, I channeled all my energy to other closets (hiding places) in the house. I sorted through our entry closet that houses our jackets, shoes, purses/bags, art material, cameras. I was able to find homes for most of the items in the basement due to the empty space and I also rid ourselves of some jackets and bags.

Here it is now...nothing special but we did not have any space above the jackets.
I also went through our linen closet upstairs. Again, it doesn't look like much but I'm telling you there is much more room.
Finally, here is the basement. So when you are walking into the storage area, this is what you see. Yep...there's my wedding dress all packaged for what, I have no idea, but I for sure not getting rid of that!
Some of the space on the shelves above will soon be open. I want to get a book shelf for the basement family room to house the books in the container above. Those orange comforters will soon be leaving. Those are going in the kids room (another project I'm slowly working on).

Now if you turn left, here's the view to the washer and dryer.
I was able to make a little work station that houses our printer (already there), art supplies, my crafts, stationary, etc.
When you are at the washer & dryer and look left, here's what you'll now see. I apologize for the big blue bag, it's Andrew's soccer bag for impromptu games. I have since moved the bouncy seat and added a few more storage bins (empty might I add).
Since I was simultaneously working on the kids room and the basement, I needed to find a permanent home for Landon's and Libbie's "night you were born" pictures. I don't think I'll have room in their room when I'm done with it and Libbie's picture has never been hung. I decided the basement is the perfect place or both pictures due to the fact the basement is mostly their playroom.

I'm feeling a bit relieved because the house is a bit more organized. I just hate getting rid of stuff we may need in the future (baby stuff) but we don't have the space in our tiny home and we refused to get a storage unit!

Oh well...onto the next project!


No comments: