Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of "School"

I have officially started back to school this week...just no students. This means my summer with Landon has come to an end, which makes me one sad mommy. I love the summertime because Landon and I have everyday together, which on some days were quite trying, but it was a great summer together!

Getting ready for this week is tough. I have a hard time letting go & adjusting to our new schedule and routine. It's probably a harder adjustment for me than it is for Landon. Not only is this time of year naturally tough, but we were also put in a situation to find new daycare for Landon is a matter of a few days!!! We managed to find a place, but it's new so that was another adjustment & worry for me. I felt confidant that Landon would be fine because when we went to check this place, he immediately new it was a place with kids & started to explore. Even still, I worried.

Monday morning came, and we all got ready for work & school. Landon was is such a great mood & excited to get going!
I, on the other hand, was a bit apprehensive. I said my goodbyes at home. I would be of no help if I went to drop Landon off with Andrew. I would been a mess of tears. Andrew has drop-off duty & I'm on pick-up duty!
Landon was super excited to wear a backpack to school & get going.
Landon did well his first day. He had a few tears when Andrew left, but soon got over it. Tuesday was the same just a few less tears. Today was no problem at all. Landon had no care when Andrew turned to leave.

It looks like he'll do well at his new daycare, I'm still adjusting. I think that by the time I'm totally ok with everything, I'll be on maternity leave! We have until the 18th for Landon to be full-time since that is my last day of school (c-section on the 21st), then he'll go part-time for the rest of my leave.

Students arrive Tuesday. Hopefully I make it through my 2 weeks of school. I have my 37 week appt. tomorrow, it could give me a better idea of when this little girl might make her appearance. If there is any big news, I'll be sure to post it!

1 comment:

J & M Nelson said...

How fun i am glad he did so good!! and it is always harder for mommy right!!!