Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sailor and PBJ

First...the sailor

In the past day and a half I have come up with all sorts of things to post about. I guess I am avoiding the work I should be doing (getting materials for Honors Bio and making a power point for Anatomy). I think I am secretly hoping for another snow day, even though I know the most we'll get tomorrow is a late start.

Last weekend, Andrew and I took Landon for a haircut and to get some pictures taken. There is this sailor suit that my dad and 3 brothers had pictures taken in. While we were home for Christmas, my mom gave it to me so I could have Landon's picture taken in it. He looked so handsome when he tried it on at my parent's house. Here is the suit:

I had his pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. It's quick, easy, and fairly inexpensive. For one package (1 10x13, 2 8x10, 4 5x7, 4 31/2 x 5, 32 wallets) cost only $10, then we purchased 2 extra sheets for $15 ea. I made the mistake of ordering the package in the white background and the 2 extra sheets with the black background. I should have done it the other way around. The suit is a little big, so I may take him back and get only the black background. Landon was great! It was a last minute thing and he was done in 15 min!
(I scanned these in at work, that's why they are in black and white. )

Now...the PB&J
I recently bought the cookbook deceptively delicious. It give you all sorts of recipes and the vegetable purees to hide in them. I tried tofu nuggets and they did not go over with Landon. Andrew wasn't too surprised. Instead of throwing them out, we decided to see if Jax (our dog) would like them. He loves them. At least they aren't totally going to waste.
Today, on our snow day, I decided to try something that looked a little more yummy! I am not a big fan of PB&J sandwiches but the muffins in the cookbook looked delicious. Landon ate his lunch while I made the muffins. They were so easy to make. If you click on the picture of the recipe you should be able to read it.

Here they are all done! Can you believe they have carrot puree and yogurt hidden inside. I loved them. Landon was a little slower in liking them, but I finally got him to eat one.

I'll post other recipes that go well!

2 comments:

K.C. said...

I will have to try these! I just finished making the chocolate chip cookies with chick peas! They taste more like oatmeal cookies but I like them!

J & M Nelson said...

That outfit is so cute! Those muffins look great hiding veggies in different food is the only way i can get Jonathan and Emmalyn to eat somethings!!