Monday, July 27, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

It's been awhile again...sorry there hasn't been an update in quite some time, but Landon & I (more me than Landon) have been spending quality time Grandma!

From the last post, there was about a week left of our vacation in Florida.  We spent many afternoons with Sean, KC, Kinley & Chance!  After our initial get-together at the Children's Museum, Landon was super excited to play with the twins!  They became fast friends.





Mom & I went shopping one afternoon (without Landon) and bought Landon these new jammies.  He absolutely loved them.  I ended up searching out stores for a few more pairs. They were too good a deal to pass up!

I had a night out for a reunion of sorts with my 8th grade class from Sacred Heart.  Most of these people I hadn't seen since 8th grade, so it was great to catchup...thanks facebook!

Eventually Landon & I had to say good bye to Florida!  Mom graciously drove us back to Virginia & spent  a few days with us here.  Landon, baby Peck, & I were spoiled by the company of my mom.  Having her help, and the help of Danny & my dad while in Florida, made things a bit easier for me!  She also showered Landon & the baby with many gifts.  It's not too often that I get to spend such an extended time with her or my family, so it was time well spent & we cherished every minute of it!

The weekend we came back to Virginia also happened to be the weekend Brian & Debbie were in Baltimore.  My Aunt Lisa & cousin Maureen were also in Maryland visiting friends.  We all met at the Inner Harbor for lunch.  It was a nice get together.

Mom & I got some quality shopping time in yesterday, while Andrew spent the afternoon with Landon.  It was much more enjoyable than the shopping excursion we went on, on Friday.  We tried going Friday with Landon while Andrew was a work, but that didn't go so well.  Landon threw a tantrum for 3 hours!  It was a straight 3 hours, there were moments of good behavior, but for the most part, he was poorly behaved.  I think both mom & I were worn out.

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Grandma today.  I'm going to miss her company & help! Thanks so much for spending some of your last bit of summer vacation with us here in VA!  We miss you already!

2 comments:

J & M Nelson said...

How fun looks like it was a great end to a wonderful vacation!!

Ashley said...

What a great time! I love shopping trips with my mom! I need to enjoy all those while I can!!